We thank Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, The Lodge at Pico Bonito, Rockjumper Tours, Zeiss Optics, Eagle Optics, Holbrook Travel, and Rio Santiago Nature Resort for their generous support in providing conservation prizes for The Honduras Birding for Conservation Tour. Prizes to date are as follows, and may increase as our event dates draw nearer:
1. $10,000 for the Honduras conservation project of team’s choice. $10,000 for international conservation project of team leader’s choice. A $1,000 Rockjumper Tours voucher for each 1st place team member.
Second Prize (Lodge at Pico Bonito Award):
2. $10,000 for the Honduras conservation project of team’s choice. A $500 Pico Bonito Lodge voucher for each 2nd place team member.
Third Prize (Zeiss Conservation Award):
3. $5,000 for the Honduras conservation project of team’s choice and two pair of binoculars for that project. A $300 Pico Bonito Lodge voucher for each 3rd place team member.
Fourth Prize (Holbrook Travel Conservation Award):
4. Holbrook Travel Conservation Prize: 3-night birding package at Selva Verde Lodge, Costa Rica for each team member.
5. Rio Santiago Nature Resort Conservation Prize: $300 certificate equal to three nights stay for each team member.
Additional Eagle Optics Conservation Prize:
10 pair of Eagle Optics binoculars for local Honduran guides. (10 eligible recipients are being chosen by an essay contest administered by the Honduran Ornithological Society).
1. Las Orquidias Ecological Reserve (endangered Honduran Emerald, Three-wattled Bellbird).
2. Macaw Mountain Scarlet Macaw Reintroduction Program.
3. Fuente de Vida, Resplendent Quetzal Cloud-forest Restoration Program.
4. Eastern Olancho Harpy Eagle Program.
5. Zamorano University/E-bird Educational Program.